Welcome to The Royal Pointe Sub web site. We hope that the residents and friends of the sub will find this site to be a fun and useful place to visit.Royal Pointe Subdivision is located at southwest corner of Beck Rd. and Warren Rd. in Canton, MI. Construction of Royal Pointe Sub started in 1993 and the last house was build in 1996. There are 180 houses ranging from 2500-3500 sq.
History of Canton
By the 1830’s, what is now known as Canton was becoming a steadily growing and emerging community. At this time two villages had been established, Sheldon Corners and Cherry Hill. These villages offered services such as a post office, general store, a school and a church. By 1834, named for a city in China, this bustling community became known as Canton. In 1874, the first township hall was constructed at the southwest corner of Canton Center and Cherry Hill roads, the epicenter of the community. By 1961, the need for services prompted a proposal to incorporate as a charter township. From 1925 to 1970 farming served as the primary source of income for the families that lived in Canton due to trace minerals and organic matter that provided the community with fertile soil. From the 1960’s to the mid-1990’s the population of Canton has risen greatly from 5,313 to 67,924 people. Canton has thrived for many reasons, least of all due to its community’s commitment to maintaining an historical nostalgia yet uncompromising in its endeavors of the future.